4/26/2009

Todays Featured Item 4-26-09

Today I'd like to show you a project I just finished. I call this my BLING BOX.
Ever since they came out with "Stickels" I have loved them. However I like to store mine upside down for quick use. Well those little bottle don't stand very well on there own and I have had problem with storage. That is till now.

I found this old Christmas cookie tin around the house and I had some of this 2" thick foam from another project left over. I cut the foam to fit inside the box. Then measuring out the bottles I cut deep X's in the foam evenly spaced. But I didn't go all the way through the foam just deep enough for the cap to fit up to the bottle.


Now comes the fun part, Decorating the box. I started by covering the sides and top with heavy "DCWV Glitter STACK" cardstock. I chose this because it was the heaviest of papers that I had. I want it to stand up to a lot of handling and travel to and from crops and shows. Then using ribbon I trimmed all the edges and add a string of tiny beads for dimension.Now using ready made Flourishing (Swirlies) I cover them with foil glue then 1st coat light with purple and 2nd coat heavy with silver iridescence. Topped them off with a few gems to make them really pop.I took some 3d ready made butterflies I already had and added very tiny rhinestones to make "pow"I punched out the tiny flowers from the scrap cardstock used and framed in the top, Adding some nylon flowers with beads to each corner and a couple of those Butterflies.

For the center I used a Cupids file by "Carries Designs" from "PaperThreads" and with my KNK cut out the little Cherub. Piecing it together, the with gel pens highlighted all the edges, added creases, folds, feathers, hair, ear, eyes, and lips. Now for the cloud I use the "Velvet Markers" and not rubbing on the ink but dobbing it so it would give it a heavy coat so when I added the heat gun it really puffed up and looked fluffy. But it wasn't as WHITE as I wanted to with the "Sharpie White Marker" touch up the cloud and while the ink was still wet sprinkle on some very fine white glitter called "Sugar"And now I have a very useful and lovely item to add to my scraproom. Plus I can show it off when I go to crops and shows. lol

So look around your house and what have you got that you don't use anymore. And ask yourself, Humm, Can I turn this into something useful.

I personally will be looking at the yard sales this summer for more tins and containers.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just 2 of my GrandAngels