4/19/2009

Today's Featured Item

For today featured item I'd like to share with you this card I made for the "Sketch a Card Challenge" at PaperThreads @http://www.paperthreads.com/forum/index.php
I started with a 7x10 piece of heavy cardstock, scored it down the center and folded it in half. Then add a piece of striped paper in the shape called for in the sketch. But I didn't glue it to the card base. I cut some hinges with my "Sizzix" and placed them on the side of the paper then attached the hinges to the card. Top it off with little dotts of copper "Stickles".
Now down in the bottom corner added a couple of "Prima" flowers with a brad.
At the top of the paper I place some Mothers day paper and trimed the top and bottom with a sting of roses.
Now lifting the pager, I cut another piece of cordinating Mothers Day paper , then I added a bunch of roses I had already cut with the "Sizzix" and a "Quick Kuts" die. Makeing sure they don't go past the line of the top paper. With a marker added stems, then
tied them all up with silk ribbon bow.
Now moving back to the front I placed a small cutting mat between the card and paper and cut a small opening in the paper. Then attached a piece of yellow cardstock with scotch tape to the under side of the cardstock and the top of the paper, creating a window flap.

Now to that flap I add my Mother-in-laws name with marker and a couple of findings "little shoes" by cutting off the button shank and useing "Fabic Tack"
Next we move inside the card. On the left side of the card I used another piece of the Mother Day Paper and added to the page a couple of die cut useing my "Szzix" and "Cutter Bug" dies.

And last for the right side I found this great poem online, and useing my "KNK" and a good gel pen wrote the poem on a peice of cardstock. After with I cut use a file by "Sam & Hailey Designs" cut out this great lookin mat it all in one.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just 2 of my GrandAngels