4/16/2009

Todays Featured Item

Ok since Easter has just pasted. The next featured item is one I have in my stores, one of which is @http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10523082

This is a 12x12 layout for Easter of course. Titled
"LET THE HUNT BEGIN"

This is set on a backing of plain card stock. Then I placed cloud printed paper at the top and green texture card stock at the bottom of which I used my "Fiskars" embossing plate "grass" and rubbed ink over it to give it dimension.

Also using texture card stock I cut the title with my KNK.

Next I added mats of various shapes and sizes by using textured card stock as the base and a cloudy looking card stock on the top of a lighter color than the base.

On the purple mat I punched the corners of the top mat using a decorative corner punch and attached a ribbon using the "Fasiniator".

For the green mat, I cut it using the "Creative Memories Cutting System" and added a shimmery-fuzzy cord.

Now the pink mat I also used a decorative corner punch but also added brads to the corners, of which I painted the tops with "Stickles"

Moving on to the yellow mat. This one I punched the corners of the bottom mat then slide the top mat into it. And attached some "Prima" flowers with brads then painted both with the "Stickles".

And the last mat, the blue one was also cut using the "Creative Memories". Then I put some flowered punches around it and highlighted it with the "Stickles"

OK now lets add the good stuff.

I cut a couple of trees with the "Sizzix" unit, used the cloud die for the tops, embossed the trunks with the "Fiskars" rub emboss plate, inked to show the ridges, and added "Stickles" to accent the tree tops

I also used some "Sizzix" die cuts for the fence, vines and baskets.

Placing the fence on a little diagonal for depth, I weaved the vines through the post, added a bunch of tiny paper flowers, put dots of "Stickles" in each one and using a marker added veins to the leaves of the vines.

Using the KNK I made this adorable bunny. Gave him a basket made with the "Sizzix" that I used marker to accent the lines of the weave. Put in some little punchy eggs that where stamped with various markings. Then with "Snow" gave him a fluffy tail.
The eggs in the large "Sizzix" die cut basket where also made on my KNK. But these I made from chipboard and the eggs on the top are layered using "Pop Dots"
Now I threw in a bunch of those paper flowers all over the pages and used a marker to make some stems and leave for the flowers. Last I took a bunch of egg punches that were stamped or I used a marker on and place them through out the page.
I think you'll like these pages. They are so fun to look at to the eye with all the bright colors, textures, shapes and dimension.

Well I hope this inspires you to create an Easter page of your own. Or this one is still available for sale.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just 2 of my GrandAngels